President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni has dropped 10 ministers from western Uganda in his new cabinet list which was released last eveing on Tuesday June 7.
According to the list, the President nominated former minister for education Jesca Alupo as his Vice President and further appointed the Kakumiro district Woman Member of Parliament Hon. Robinah Nabbanja to the post of Prime Minister.
The names of the ministers appointed of New cabinet both shocking and worthy to the public. A number of prominent long serving names were either missing or appointed to lower positions while Women dominated bigger positions.
Alupo’s appointment saw her becoming the second ever female Vice-president after the former first vice-president Specioza Wandera Kazibwe. This position has been dominated by male counterparts for almost 6 decades.
Rt. Hon. Robinah Nabbanja becomes the first Female Prime minister in the political history of Uganda. The two fatty appointments and others dominated by females were newsworthy to many feminist groups.
Although many people jubilated the appointments, many long serving ministers from western Uganda which had for a donkey’s years taken a lion’s share of the cabinet were left shocked after their names were missing on the cabinet list. A few who made it to the list were appointed to lower positions.
At least 10 former ministers including the former Prime minister Dr. Ndugu Ruhakana Rugunda were dropped out and attached herein is a full list of the dropped ministers, former and new appointments (if any)and their districts as compiled and verified by the Parrots UG political desk.
- Hon. Ruhakana Rugunda, former Prime Minister : Appointed as Special Envoy for special duties office of the President. KABALE.
- Molly Nawe Kamukama, former state minister for Economic Monitoring Office of the Prime Minister. KAZO.
- John Byabagambi, former Cabinet minister for Karamoja affairs. IBANDA.
- Elioda Tumwesigye, former Cabinet minister for Science Technology and Innovation. SHEEMA.
- Mary Busingye Okurut Karoro, former Cabinet minister for General Duties office of the Prime minister. BUSHENYI.
- Christopher Kyibanzanga, former state minister for Agriculture. BUNDIBUGYO.
- Baltazar Kasirivu Atwooki, former state minister Economic and Monitoring. KAKUMIRO.
- Mwesigwa Rukutana, former stae minister for Labour. Ntungamo.
- Ephraim Kamuntu, former minister for Justice and Constitutional Affairs. Appointed Presidential Advisor on Economic and Manifesto Implementation. SHEEMA.
- Adolf Mwesigye, former minister for defence and veterans affairs. BUNYANGABU.
- GEN. Ellyn Tumwine, former minister for security. Now appointed Presidential Advisor on security.
Click here to see New Full Cabinet List