The investigating magistrate and the prosecutor’s office in Belgium has taken captive of three rwanda nationals suspected of having an involvement in the 1994 Rwanda genocide.
The suspects whose identity was not disclosed have been arrested and charged with serious abuse of human rights during the genocide.
The office said their identities had been established with the help of witness testimony collected in Rwanda by a Belgian investigation.
Eric Van Duyse, the spokesman Belgian Federal Prosecutor’s office confirmed the reports in a weekly publication Vif/L’Express where he revealed that two of the suspects were arrested on Tuesday in Brussels and the third on Wednesday in Hainault province.
Duyse said one of the men has been put under electronic surveillance while the two others are in detention.
The April6,1994 Rwanda Genocide fueled by the antagonistic Hutu tribesmen claimed lives of over 80,000 Tutsis and a few Hutus.
Since then, many of the lrime suspects have been arrested and tried the latest being Fabien Neretse who was tried in December last year and Felicien Kabuga, the financier of the genocide.